Here’s Source’s job description for a Client Services Director role. As a recruitment agency, we are all about helping people find their perfect job. We do this by matching your skills, experience and passion for creativity with the needs of potential clients. If you are interested in finding a Client Services Director job in London or want to hire one for your team, please contact our client services recruitment team.
At Source we meet hundreds of people in the creative industry every year. The Job Description series is here to help you understand exactly what it is they do. If you work in a creative team and want to share your experience then we’d love to interview you – just let us know in the comments below.
What is the role of a Client Services Director?
- To lead and nurture the client services team to provide the very highest levels of client servicing.
- To build strong client relationships at the highest level.
- To help identify and convert new business opportunities
- To lead and manage the client servicing team: regular fortnightly reporting, resource planning (to assign appropriate team members to projects, to resolve issues), appraisals and personal development of the client servicing team (setting and reviewing targets, contributing to remuneration conversations), recruitment of new team members
- To lead the process to write and execute client development plans for Key Client Relationships (to deliver revenue targets by client)
- To develop best practice in client servicing and to run regular sessions with the client servicing team to share knowledge and experience
- To personally lead one or two Key Client Relationships.
- To seek and develop client development opportunities.
- To contribute to the process to win new business.
Skills and experience necessary for this role:
As Client Services Director you will be expected to demonstrate a range of skills and experience. Ultimately you will be responsible for the guidance and development of your team so it is essential you are a great communicator, able to inspire your team and spot potential. Man (or woman) management skills are a must!
You must have a proven track record in growing accounts, winning new business/pitches. You must have great campaign and sector knowledge from experiential to digital, financial services to FMCG (obviously dependent on the agency!). Your strategic ability and insight of your clients must be second to none. At the end of the day your client is your business and you must know everything about them inside and out to enable you to solve the issue at hand and increase your client’s revenue… Oh and did I mention man management..?!
Required work experience:
8+ years of relevant work experience
£80,000 – £100,000
Types of company/agency common for this role:
Creative agency, advertising agency, experiential, design and branding agency, digital agency, integrated agency.
How many people is a Client Services Director likely to manage?
Anything from 5-70 (dependent on the size of the agency).
Jobs that could lead to this role:
Group Account Director, Senior Account Director, Head of Account Management
Jobs that lead from this role:
Managing Director, Business Development Director, CEO, Strategy Director, Board Director
Training / Reading that will help you get this role:
Any courses provided by:
- Institute of Practitioners in Advertising
- Institute of Direct Marketing
- Institute of Sales Promotion
If you are interested in finding a Client Services Director job in London or if you want to hire one for your team, please contact our client services recruitment team.