Here’s Source’s job description for a Mid-weight Digital Project Manager role. As a recruitment agency, we are all about helping people find their perfect job. We do this by matching your skills, experience and passion for creativity with the needs of potential clients. If you are interested in finding a Mid-weight Digital Project Manager job in London or want to hire one for your team, please contact our project management recruitment team.
At Source we meet hundreds of people in the creative industry every year. The Job Description series is here to help you understand exactly what it is they do. If you work in a creative team and want to share your experience then we’d love to interview you – just let us know in the comments below.
What is the role of a Mid-weight Digital Project Manager?
Normally reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Mid-weight Digital Project Managers would be required to scope, manage and deliver the end-to-end delivery of the project lifecycle. Normally the Mid-weight PM would have client contact and be client-facing. Furthermore they will be expected to have experience of managing web builds and online campaigns on budgets from £40K+. A Mid-weight PM would also be responsible for writing the project scopes, functional specifications, estimating project costs, risks and assumptions as well as the timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of the projects.
Skills and experience necessary for this role:
- Digital experience is essential.
- Ability to delivery project within timeline and budget.
- Budget management experience.
- Able to handle multiple projects.
- Previous client contact.
- Thorough knowledge of Digital Project Management with at least 3 years demonstrable experience in a web development environment in an agency or client side, delivering a range of multiple digital projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of web technologies, with a background of building websites and online campaigns.
- Experience of writing functional & technical specifications as well as extensive experience of creating detailed sitemaps and wireframes.
- Produce project plans; manage workload and keep production on-track.
- Excellent at scheduling with a talent for pushing the project along, keeping everything on track.
Required work experience:
3 years +
Types of company/agency common for this role:
Pure Digital agency, integrated agency, client side, media agency
How many people is a Mid-weight Digital Project Manager likely to manage?
Jobs that could lead to this role:
Junior Digital Project Manager
Jobs that lead from this role:
Senior Digital Project Manager
Training / reading that will help you get this role:
Prince2 foundation and practitioner course
If you are interested in finding a Mid-weight Digital Project Manager job in London or if you want to hire one for your team, please contact our project management recruitment team.