Here’s Source’s job description for a Traffic Manager role. As a recruitment agency, we are all about helping people find their perfect job. We do this by matching your skills, experience and passion for creativity with the needs of potential clients. If you are interested in finding a Traffic Manager job in London or want to hire one for your team, please contact our creative services recruitment team.
At Source we meet hundreds of people in the creative industry every year. The Job Description series is here to help you understand exactly what it is they do. If you work in a creative team and want to share your experience then we’d love to interview you – just let us know in the comments below.
What is the role of a Traffic Manager?
- Traffic Managers need to be flexible and organised. Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and planning all work through the creative department
- Liaising between account handling, project management and digital
- Holding weekly status meetings and managing the daily schedule
- Creating a monthly forecast to ensure best practices of planning
- Resourcing freelance requirements as and when required and sorting paperwork accordingly
- Booking all creative meetings, WIPs, Presentations Pre-Prods etc.
- Overseeing jobs and making sure they are on track, on time and budget wise
- Ensuring time-sheets are completed on time
Skills and experience necessary for this role:
- Agency experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Amazing people management skills
- Exceptional fire-fighting skills
- Thorough understanding around the creative process and thinking ahead before each required step
- Logical thinker
- Clear communicator
- Resourcing experience
Required work experience:
1-4 years in a relevant field
£25,000 – £45,000
Types of company/agency common for this role:
Any creative agency
How many people is a Traffic Manager likely to manage?
Jobs that could lead to this role:
- Traffic Assistant
- Junior Project Manager
- Creative Services Assistant
Jobs that lead from this role:
- Head of Traffic
- Creative Services Manager
If you are interested in finding a Traffic Manager job in London or if you want to hire one for your team, please contact our creative services recruitment team.