- Creative Developer
- £35k - £40k
- Posted20 October 2016
- ConsultantNick Yorke
- Contract TypePermanent
- PositionCreative Developer
- Salary£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Creative Developer / London / Permanent / £40k
My client is a creative production company, focusing wholly on Digital experiences and display
content in the Digital Out of Home advertising market. They are currently looking to expand
their team to include a Developer, who will work on dynamic and interactive campaigns for
clients including: Disney, Nike, Google, Microsoft, Sky, BBC, Audi, Ford and Camelot to name a
few. The primary function for this role is to architect and create coding for dynamic and interactive projects for the Digital Out-of-Home
You will also have the benefit of experience from the development team offering codebase,
repositories and reference libraries for your work.
My client has a campaign management tool that enables live, dynamic, and reactive digital
out-of-home campaigns to run on multiple networks and formats. DOOH is a medium that
can communicate intelligently, can disseminate fresh and timely content, can invite
participation, can be socially enabled or perhaps involve user generated content.
As the digital outdoor networks expand and the range of formats grows the client is faced with the
challenge of how to effectively manage comprehensive national or international campaigns
delivering on the promise of dynamic, relevant and timely digital content and data - all from
a central dashboard.
That's why they built such a management tool - to open up the potential of a powerful medium and give creative and media agencies the control over their campaigns.
The client works on interactive campaigns utilising Touch, gesture recognition, augmented
reality and motion captured control among others. As a developer you are expected to
keep abreast of technical developments to help drive the creative execution.
1. Provide weekly project status updates in the Tech meetings
2. Work with other developers [freelance and permanent]
3. Flag potential issues to the project team and seek resolution
4. Peer review other developers' code
5. Help resolve technical issues on projects and support Producers when
6. Ensure development team is accurately reporting time spent on the
7. Facilitate the sharing of development knowledge throughout the business.
- Project Delivery
1. Manage multiple projects of varying complexity
2. Define the project deliverables and manage the time accordingly with
3. Reviewing technical aspects of scope of work documents
4. Defining/Refining in depth test plans
5. Engaging and managing specialist 3rd party suppliers/API when required
6. Managing and resolving issues that arise on projects
7. Motivating your team to deliver great work
8. Removing technical project blockers quickly and effectively
9. Consistently delivering projects on time, to spec.
10. Close and archive projects, review code / lessons learnt.
1. Support the Account Team with developing existing client relationships
2. Reviewing pitch cost time estimates
3. Work on pitch documents [technical sections only]
4. Pitch in with great technical ideas!
- Personal Development
1. Complete programmes of work or study relevant to the role that will benefit
2. Review own performance and look for areas of improvement
- Planning & Organising:
My client uses collaborative working methods across the business to ensure the integrity of their
releases. You'll be expected to follow processes and help define future ones to help maintain
the quality of their technical output.
You also need your own method and understanding to plan; day-to-day, week-to-week and
month-to-month so that all your responsibilities are met.
- Able to think creatively and technically
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of web, digital technologies and development
techniques Excellent at working on multiple briefs across agencies
- Able to be a team player during live project developer teams, troubleshoot and QC their code.
- You have to have an excellent working relationship with the Operations for resource
requirements, and the Lead Developer for peer reviews of methodologies and deliverables.
Knowledge, skills & experience required for this role:
- English fluency
- Enthusiasm and passion for creative technology and development
- Be open to develop new skills
and PHP Other Code libraries: Analytics, TweenMax/TweenLite, GreenSock, Starling
- Visual assets editors: Adobe CS6, including Flash Professional CS6
- Version control: SVN
- Collaborative working and development experience
- Preferred Operating Systems: MacOSX / Microsoft Windows
This is a truly fantastic opportunity to work on world class projects for global leaders in various industries, working with an enthusiastic and professional team in a fun and inspiring environment where you can really make an impact.
If this is of interest and you feel suited to the role then get in touch!
He's our Technical Senior Consultant.
The Digital industry is truly fascinating, the sheer creativity and innovative mind-set of individuals’ involved that shape an integral part of society’s everyday life is something I personally really appreciate.&nb...
Email Nick: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity in the Creative Industry … All talk no action? “Lack of diversity in the creative industry”. There it is again. Still deemed as one of the major issues preventing creativity and innovativ...