Lead Content Designer
- Lead Content Designer
- £50k - £55k
- Posted04 May 2017
- ConsultantKristie Aked
- SectorAdvertising and PR
- Contract TypePermanent
- PositionLead Content Designer
- Salary£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Role: Lead Content Designer
Agency Type: Content Marketing Agency
This is an opportunity for someone looking to Art Direct, Design and lead a team to create influential, crafted, and relevant work for some huge brands.
The agency is currently 35 in size and divides into three teams; Editorial, Digital, Strategy. They have also just opened an office in the US. They describe themselves as a small agency who do big work!
Current clients include; Google, Timberland and Speedo.
They are looking for a Lead Content Designer to join the Editorial team and work closely with the Design Lead and work collaboratively with him across all projects.
They want someone with a creative background, someone who is all about the ideation and processes - someone who can develop concepts and work alongside the design team to visual completion and create brilliant digital work.
They need someone who can work directly with clients, whether it be on shoots, design or video and who can articulate their creative ideas brilliantly and apply these across platform.
You are part Art-Director, part Creative Artworker. You are on the tools designing and
retouching as well as working with editorial teams to create new concepts and executions for online content across multiple high profile brands. You can communicate these ideas articulately within your team and to clients when required.
With your experience you are able to move seamlessly from mapping and scamping
out a concept, to realising production, whether that be creating type and image treatments to commissioning an illustrator or directing a photoshoot. Equally you can take on other people's concepts, producing those via the Junior Content Designer and (where needed) Filmmaker to aid in editing and bring final artwork to spec with sympathy to brand guidelines. Working with the Lead Digital Designer, you will both ensure the quality of all creative output from the building.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
● You are at heart a designer, your knowledge of typography, image treatment and layout is second to none. You use these to create meaningful things in a digital environment.
● You have an innate understanding of what makes great content and know how to tell a compelling visual story.
● Through your design experience Art-Direction is a key strength. You've been on shoots, you know the deal and with the editorial team, filmmaker and Digital Lead supporting you, anything is possible with the correct idea.
● Mocking up, storyboards, visuals and ideas in any medium that portray the idea with clarity.
● You can articulate your thoughts amongst the team, verbally and in writing.
● You are able to explain ideas, approaches and present final work to clients.
● Delegating and managing tasks to junior designers and supporting them as necessary.
● Your experience is heavily digitally-based and you will have an advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite,
● You will sit alongside the Lead digital designer and be jointly responsible for the final delivery of all design content that leaves the agency. Ensuring creative excellence.
● Creating briefs and liaising with the team of designers and developers to deliver outstanding creative content
● Planning and delivering projects to detailed, clearly defined time plans
● Leading regular project stand up meetings with teams
● Assisting with key pitches and presentations
● Being responsible for projects from inception to delivery working with the team
of designers, developers and wordsmiths.
● You are a human being, before anything else you enjoy and are interested in other people's cultures, music, foods, the world etc.
● You take massive pride in your output. You own your work and won't stop until you are absolutely satisfied it's the best it can be. You're not afraid to push back when needed, you also know when it's time to sit back and listen.
● You are open and approachable and can not merely handle, but openly invite critique of your work, as well as making time to do the same for the team.
● You will have experience in a fast paced creative/content agency or in a publishing environment.
● Experience using Agile project management techniques a huge plus
● Will understand the need for cross platform solutions and in particular the role of digital in enhancing a piece of content
● You'll have an expert and informed opinion about the digital marketplace and deliver compelling arguments to design challenges
● You'll keep up-to-date with the latest design innovations and online trends
● You'll provide useful contributions to, and often lead, team meetings and conversations
● You'll produce clear and concise verbal and written communications
● You'll be adept at working accurately under pressure to tight deadlines (very often handling multiple projects at the same time)
The culture is great, everyone gets fully involved and it's a flat hierarchy which means everyone's ideas are heard and recognised.
● 15inch Macbook Pro, Cinema Screen
● Enrolment in company Pension scheme from Jan 2017
● Company bonus incentive & away weekend
● Ride to work scheme
● Season ticket loan
● Company supply Breakfast every morning
● 4:30pm finish on a Friday for staff Drink & Learn presentations
● 25 days holiday (3 to be taken over the xmas period) Additional day added for
every year of service up to 28 days
She's our Digital Creative and Design Principal Consultant.
I specialise in the wonderful world of Digital Creatives and Designers. Combining my years in the creative space and eight years of recruitment experience, I offer a service that is a lot more than just recruitment. Whether it&...
Email Kristie: email@example.com