Senior User Experience Architect - Brand Agency
- Senior User Experience Architect - Brand Agency
- £60k - £65k
- Posted04 September 2017
- ConsultantNick Grantham
- SectorDesign and Creative
- Contract TypePermanent
- PositionSenior User Experience Architect - Brand Agency
- Salary£60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Senior User Experience Architect required by innovative brand and communications agency with a meaningful buy-in to UCD methodology. They help to build clients' brands for them. They're not a purely digital agency. They analyse the overall customer experience, not solely online focussed. They are about setting the direction of the digital strategy at the outset, as they see this as one of the most important things they can do for a client brand.
Their digital team is not large in numbers, but there is a genuine opportunity to join a small band of highly skilled digital devotees. Ultimately this is a great opportunity to help build the digital team profile to an impressive and growing client list. They also bolt on freelance whenever they have a spike in projects to help with the load.
The role requires forming and managing teams to deliver EA and related UX deliverables. In this capacity the UX Lead drives innovation within the team to produce high quality work. He/she facilitates team cohesion, takes actions to build and maintain positive morale, and identifies barriers to effective teamwork. He/she modifies tools, methods, or approaches to achieve business and project goals.
You'll need experience leading all aspects of user research and usability testing (eg, focus groups, prototyping, usability testing) and interpreting the results into actionable requirements.
The role is client facing and requires effective leadership and collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams including business analysts, strategists, engineers, visual designers and content strategists.
You will also assist in the sales cycle through project scoping and estimating.
You will also cover;
- Design, production and maintenance of all project user interface specifications (including template specifications and functional specifications)
- Mentor others in the production of such deliverables
- Reviews of UX documentation with clients
- Prototyping activities (as appropriate for each phase of design, including paper prototypes, vision wire frames and HTML)
- Usability/user research plans, reports and supporting materials including screeners, questionnaires, scripts etc
- Plan and execute usability tests and all aspects of user research
- Interpret results from user research as design or strategic recommendations
Day to day leadership of a project and/or delivery area, managing multiple workstreams and levels of colleagues.
Manage a project team, demonstrate leadership skills in addressing delivery and performance issues and undertake tasks to build team morale.
You will need;
- Significant experience of user-research intensive client projects
- Full life-cycle experience of system development / web design projects
- Self-confidence and presentation skills to lead client-facing workshops and interviews
- Prototyping/wireframing tools - paper techniques, Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch etc
If this sounds like something for you please send your CV and portfolio through ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview.
He's our UX and Tech Manager.
I’m an experienced Recruitment Consultant who made the change from specialising in IT and Banking, into a sector I genuinely have a passion for and connection with, having completed a degree in design (a few) years ...
Email Nick: firstname.lastname@example.org