Cookies notice

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on the Source and Lipton Fleming website. If you continue without changing your settings we'll assume you are happy to receive cookies. You can read more about our cookies policy at any time.



Technical Lead

  • Technical Lead
  • London
  • £60k - £70k
  • Posted08 September 2017
  • Ref1549537_1504889033
  • ConsultantRicardo Thomas
  • LocationLondon
  • SectorIT
  • Contract TypePermanent
  • PositionTechnical Lead
  • Salary£60,000 - £70,000 per annum

Technical Lead / London / Permanent / £60k - £70k
£60k - £70k

JavaScript / Angular 2 / React / HTML 5 / CSS3 / MySQL / Git / NodeJS / PHP / Magento 2

My client is an integrated advertising agency which leverages real time data to create things for brands that are useful, entertaining and relevant to consumer's lives. The capabilities of this agency, based in Central London, include web design and development, user experience design, advertising, digital engagement strategy and applications, data strategy and analytics as well as brand and product development.

With regard to web design and build, the technical team play an integral part in building web based solutions for high profile clients, often collaborating closely with the design, creative and project management teams, often delivering digital experiences in forms of campaigns, single page applications, and eCommerce builds along with larger scale web builds.

If you are an innovative and passionate individual with a strong belief and ability to produce robust clean and efficient code, are actively seeking to develop learn and implement new technologies and techniques and also have an expert standard of production that can be adhered to by at team, then you are the person we are looking for.

Your technical expert knowledge in development will be paramount as the 'go to' person in this area. The role will be split with 30% management responsibilities of the technical team both in London and Cape Town, the other 70% will be spent as a pro-active developer leading by example.

As a leader you will manage a small team of developers across client and server side disciplines, you will be expected to mentor, conduct code reviews, meet deadlines and agreed milestones and ensure that all potential risks that code may encounter are resolved before they become a security or deployment risk.

There is a very collaborative culture in this agency. Ones outgoing characteristics are of vital importance; my client is keen to meet those who are outgoing, creative, passionate and willing to speak out and share opinion of matters relating to any piece of work. The ability to communicate effectively with all members of staff is imperative. You will also work collaboratively and closely with the Digital Director to ensure processes and code remain sharp and robust.

Skills and Experience Required

-Robust experience leading a technical team.
-Good knowledge and experience with Front-end technologies
-Very strong experience with JavaScript
-Strong knowledge of Angular 2 , React, Less, Raphael, backbone.js or Underscore.js
-Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and Canvas
-Experience with CSS pre-processors such as, SASS
-Good ability working with GIT version control and continuous methods.
-Experience of database design MySQL
-Good understanding of OOP ( Object Oriented Programming)
-Experience setting up and managing Apaches on a Linux OS vis SSH
-Experience in debugging and optimization of code for application performance (XDebug)

Desirable Skills

-Exposure working with CMS Systems such as Drupal, Joomla and WordPress
-Experience with Magento 2
-Experience configuring and maintaining virtual servers such as Docker
-Experience with backend technologies such as NodeJS, MondoDB, Express, .NET, SQL Server, IIS would be beneficial
-Unit Testing frameworks and Test driven development experience

If you are interested in this role and would like to know more then please get in touch.

PHP / Magento 2 / JavaScript / Angular 2 / React / HTML 5 / CSS3 / MySQL / Git / OOP

Ricardo Thomas
Ricardo Thomas

He's our Technical Associate Consultant.

I am London based Technical Recruitment Consultant working within the Digital and Media space. I’m a firm believer in having a passion for what you do on a daily basis, I’m naturally technically minded as a result I...

Read More....

More jobs from Ricardo
Overall our quality of service is rated