UX Designer (In-house)
- UX Designer (In-house)
- £45k - £55k
- Posted17 November 2016
- ConsultantNick Grantham
- SectorNew Media and Internet
- Contract TypePermanent
- PositionUX Designer (In-house)
- Salary£45,000 - £55,000 per annum
UX Designer required in-house for a client known for search platforms and comparisons. They recently moved to what I would say are one of the coolest offices I've ever seen! Needless to say they're big and also have an existing UX team in place including a very charismatic Head of UX and a dedicated UX Research consultant. The total team size is currently 6 with an additional 2 digital/visual designers who work very closely with the team/product.
Summary of Role:
You will be part of the Product development team reporting to the Head of User Experience & Design. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on some exciting responsive web and mobile experiences for an awesome brand with an evolving service. Executive stakeholders have full buy-in and understand the importance of designing an industry-leading digital user experience - so this is a great time to make a real difference to UK consumers with the experiences you design.
* Work closely with product owners, visual designers and engineers to deliver interaction designs from concept through implementation, for a variety of strategic projects as well as on-going incremental improvements.
* Designing user experience focusing on workflows, user journeys, user flows, storyboards, wireframes, personas, prototypes, site maps, test cases and user stories
* Ensure user experience is translated into a strong UI, on brand with high quality usability
* Ensure a data & insight driven, user centred design approach is followed
Essential Skills required:
* Strong experience in interaction design - comfortable with varied techniques from sketching through interactive prototyping
* Experience in a variety of research methodologies including focus groups, usability testing, user journey analysis and mapping, multivariate testing, traffic / funnel analysis, and competitive research
* Requirements analysis skills - including user interface requirements generation &
management, storyboarding, sketching, wireframing, prototyping, and information architecture design
* Excellent stakeholder management, with a collaborative work style, strong interpersonal skills and able to work well in small group settings
* Experience with various software development lifecycles / methods including Agile and working knowledge of tools such as Axure, Sketch and Invision
* Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
In addition, you will have these personal attributes:
* You have a natural interest and passion for experience design, focused on consumer needs and goals
* Flexible and adaptable to a fast paced environment
* Proactive, positive, with a sense of ownership
* Great interpersonal skills
If this sounds like something you could be suitable for and interested in then send your CV and portfolio through ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview.
He's our UX and Web Development Team Leader.
I’m an experienced Recruitment Consultant who made the change from specialising in IT and Banking, into a sector I genuinely have a passion for and connection with, having completed a degree in design (a few) years ...
Email Nick: firstname.lastname@example.org