Here’s Source’s job description for an Account Director role. As a recruitment agency, we are all about helping people find their perfect job. We do this by matching your skills, experience and passion for creativity with the needs of potential clients. If you are interested in finding an Account Director in London or want to hire one for your team, please contact our client services recruitment team.
At Source we meet hundreds of people in the creative industry every year. The Job Description series is here to help you understand exactly what it is they do. If you work in a creative team and want to share your experience then we’d love to interview you – just let us know in the comments below.
What is the role of an Account Director?
- To drive client strategy and become the primary client contact for your key clients, ensuring the agency provides a lead agency role.
- To drive business growth through existing clients, developing a proactive action plan.
- To work with the group account director on generating new accounts.
- To produce and deliver against an agreed account plan and budget.
- Produce and monitor accurate and clear forecasting.
- To be a leader of your team, offering direction and support, ensuring the agency have the correct level of skills to grow the accounts.
- To continue to monitor and review the processes and skills of the team ensuring the clients receive the best in class service.
Skills and experience necessary for this role:
Management experience of a team of at least 2 staff is compulsory. Strategy experience as well as project/account management.
Required work experience:
4-6 years of relevant work experience
£40,000 – £50,000
Types of company/agency common for this role:
All integrated/digital/advertising/sales promotion/below and above the line agencies. You can see all different types of agencies on www.brandrepublic.co.uk
How many people is an Account Director likely to manage?
Jobs that could lead to this role:
Account Manager or Senior Account Manager roles will lead to this.
Jobs that lead from this role:
Senior Account Director and then Group Account Director/Client Services Director/Managing Director
Training / Reading that will help you get this role:
Campaign/Design Week/Brand Republic are all marketing collateral that could be a useful read. Taking any extra presentation courses/ strategy or creative courses is an advantage.
To read an exclusive interview with an Account Director, please visit
If you are interested in finding an Account Director job in London or if you want to hire one for your team, please contact our client services recruitment team.