Lead UI Designer
- Lead UI Designer
- £50k - £55k
- Posted31 January 2018
- ConsultantKristie Aked
- SectorDesign and Creative
- Contract TypePermanent
- PositionLead UI Designer
- Salary£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Role: Lead UI Designer
This Company has a portfolio of the UK's most trusted digital platforms. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a talented Product team working closely with and reporting to the Head of User Experience & Design. They are looking for a UI designer with a deep appreciation of UX. Someone that will be in charge of the UI but happy to help the UX designer in the thinking process. The UI Designer will work on a wide range of projects. Will be joining the commercial team, working on consumer site, agents dashboard, platforms. They are re-branding so they will work on the UI for the different platforms. It's a very exciting opportunity for someone that is looking to get ownership of projects.
You will work across their commercial product stream producing user-focused and
super-engaging UI and interaction design for their suite of B2B tools - tools that introduce innovative ways for their partners to work with their evolving and expanding service. Executive stakeholders have full buy-in and understand the importance of designing an industry leading digital user experience - so this is a great time to make a real difference for their partners with the experiences you design.
· Work closely with product owners, user experience designers and engineers to deliver user interface and interaction designs from concept through to final deliverables, for strategic projects as well as on-going incremental improvements.
· Deliver high-standard, responsive visual design and interaction patterns with high quality usability, using methods and tools such as Jobs To Be Done, user stories, user journeys, storyboards, sketches and prototypes
· Ensure design supports and enhances our evolving brand and help develop a cohesive design language to guide the look and feel of the portfolio of products
· Ensure your design work is informed & insight driven
· Appreciation and understanding of UCD
· Degree-level or equivalent experience in a Design-led subject
· Keen design aesthetic with ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography and colour effectively
· Collaborative and able to input into the full UCD process within an agile environment
· Consideration of user tasks and goals throughout the design process
· Good understanding of interaction design across devices
· Experience working with front-end developers
· Understanding and appreciation of CSS and HTML
· Commercial experience at high volumes with a focus on conversion
· Confidence and ability to present and sell ideas
· Ability to effectively multi-task, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
· Expert-level proficiency in Sketch and/or PhotoShop/Illustrator
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to work on big UI projects, large websites, complex platforms, data visualisation, apps with a great understanding of UX.
They would love to meet people with strong client side experience but happy to meet people from agency background as long as they are really motivated to work there.
They need to have great communication and interpersonal skills - needs to be a people's person
Needs to be able to work with stakeholders.
If you have a sharp, clean portfolio and have experience to suit the above and are looking for a new start in the new year. Send me your CV with a clear link to a portfolio.
She's our Digital Creative and Design Principal Consultant.
I specialise in the wonderful world of Digital Creatives and Designers. Combining my years in the creative space and eight years of recruitment experience, I offer a service that is a lot more than just recruitment. Whether it&...
Email Kristie: email@example.com