UX Designer (for app-focussed start-up)
- UX Designer (for app-focussed start-up)
- £35k - £40k
- Posted21 February 2018
- ConsultantNick Grantham
- SectorNew Media and Internet
- Contract TypePermanent
- PositionUX Designer (for app-focussed start-up)
- Salary£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
UX Designer required by innovative and growing start-up, based in Central London. These guys have that typical entrepreneurial, start-up feel about them but at the same time, they are mature enough to buy-in to User Experience practice internally and have a small team of which they'd ideally like to expand as time goes on, not to mention more capacity for people as they've nearly outgrown their current offices!
They're ideally looking for someone who comes from an interaction design (UI) background in order to have an appreciation and ability to do small fixes or recommendations without having to revert back completely to the design team when amendments need to be done. There will also be a UX/UI hybrid designer working beneath you/reporting to you.
However, the bulk of this role is UX. So they also need someone who has a thorough understanding of UCD along with some previous Research and Testing experience, although doesn't have to be too in depth i.e. they don't need you to have facilitated lab testing sessions before, but at least have carried out some guerrilla research methods and know what would ideally be done with time and money permitting.
Most of all, they want someone well rounded within UX and Design, who also has great communication skills.
* Establish digital product recommendations based on research and industry best practice
* Produce end-to-end design solutions for user and business needs
* Create wireframes, user journeys, functional prototypes, and some UI designs
* Work closely with Product Owners and Developers
* Experienced UX/UI Designer with a good understanding of front end development and agile methodologies
* Happy to produce design assets ready for development
* Passionate about customer experience
* Able to plan and facilitate user research using a variety of methods
* Ability to manage time and UX project pipeline with a proven ability to deliver
* Confident presenting work to the business, including senior management
* They use Sketch, Axure, inVision, and Adobe Creative Suite most but love to dabble with other tools as well. Ultimately they don't mind what tools you use, as long as you have a way to create interactive prototypes to get your ideas across to the business and developers, and you are comfortable providing ready for web/app assets.
If this sounds of interest please send your CV and portfolio through ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview!
He's our UX and Tech Manager.
I’m an experienced Recruitment Consultant who made the change from specialising in IT and Banking, into a sector I genuinely have a passion for and connection with, having completed a degree in design (a few) years ...
Email Nick: firstname.lastname@example.org